Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 14





This is my first blog post and I'm glad I finally started my own blog. Lately I've been working on my business plan. That means looking for demographics, market segments, defining customers and doing a lot of writing. Tomorrow the Birmingham Business Journal, http://www.bizjournals.com/birmingham/ is going to publish an article about me doing my business plan. At a workshop organized by the Cultural Alliance, http://www.cultural-alliance.com/ I was asked if I would mind being contacted by Birmingham Business Journal so that they could do a feature article on me. Of course, I was thrilled to talk with the editor of the paper. She was very nice and complimentary during the interview and made it a fun time. Anyone who works in the arts knows how important it is to obtain good publicity. It just happened by being in the right place at the right time and having a previous relationship! It is very encouraging when something like that happens. Sometimes, it is hard to remember that it is important to constantly work on this part of the studio when you would rather be in the other part studio. I'm looking forward to the article.























No comments: