Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Serenbe Project



I am very excited to announce that I will be collaborating with a designer and another artist on The Serenbe Project. Serenbe is a "green" sustainable community and you can learn more about it here: http://www.serenbe.com/ The community is located about 32 miles south of Atlanta, Georgia. Here is a map describing the location. We have been awarded this commission to build an entrance way to the Serenbe Property Development offices. Serenbe wanted something that was more like a landmark than a sign. The project will be located on the corner of Selborne Lane and Garny Way and will grace an open breezeway. The project is to build a "gateway" which will resemble a white oak tree. The white oak will be adorned with glass leaves.
I am very excited about this project and hope that it will help in building my springboard for leaving my day job in about 1 1/2 years. It is often frustrating when you want to be in the studio all day creating, but work a full time job. Basically what you end up doing is working two full time jobs. Anyway, I'm very excited about creating full time in a short while. My Mom always says "to every thing there is a season" and I do my best to remember that. I have worked extremely hard for the past five years to move my career forward. You can check out my work and my web site at http://www.donnabranch.com/

Since I have been devoting more of my attention this year to the business side of an art studio, today I drafted a news release for The Serenbe Project. I will be posting the news release here after the designer and the other artist "sign off" on it. Robert Rausch, an award winning designer, whose studio is in Tuscumbia, Alabama, contacted me to ask if I would be interested in the project. Naturally, I was thrilled that Robert wanted my involvement in the project. We are working with a blacksmith, Jason Smith, from Alabama. You can visit Robert Rausch's web site at: Stellar Idea http://www.stellaridea.com/ and GAS http://www.gasphoto.net/ Hopefully, I will have a web site in the next couple of days for the blacksmith and can post his link. Over the next few days and months, I will be posting often about the development of the Serenbe Project.

No comments: