Monday, June 2, 2008

Today

I just heard from my friend Julian Hazlett. He sent me an email to say that he had enjoyed a wonderful lunch at the Culinard Restaurant which had just opened at the Innovation Depot in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. We are planning to meet for lunch in the next couple of weeks at Culinard.

Posted my classes that I will be teaching at the Alabama Folk School, on the Cultural Alliance and heard from Bonner Wagnon who said I did a good job covering all of the details. I had attended a seminar taught by Bonner, that covered the nuances of entering information relative to one's career in the Cultural Alliance website calendar which is called Active Culture.

Talked to my good friend Debra Riffe today for a while. Debra is so funny. She makes me laugh at the most simple things and we enjoy swapping stories of the South together. She will be showing her very wonderful linoleum block prints this weekend at the Aldridge Botanical Garden Juried Art Show. I plan to go over and visit her at the show for a spell.

Debra and I often talk about why we need texture in out lives, especially Southern texture. More about that on another post.

No comments: