Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19, 2008 Summer and Teaching Glass at Alabama Folk School

Today is Monday. I feel as though I am out of a cave, as I have been working on a very big project. More on that later in the year.

I'm doing some brainstorming for the class that I will teach at Alabama Folk School.
I will teach two classes. Each class is one week, and June 22 - 27, I will teach "Let's Kick Some Glass!!" and it will entail all of the basics of how to work in kilnformed glass. The class does not require prerequisites and will include basic design theory and basic studio practices. Glass selection, glass cutting and grinding, and firing schedules will be covered. I hope that we will have a good reception to the class and I think it will be fun.The second class, August 24-29, will be Mosaics: Telling a Story or Painting a Picture with Stones, Twigs, glass and ceramic tiles, broken china, yarn and anything else we can find.

One of the things that I love about the South this time of year is the rhododendrons in bloom. I took some picture of the ones in my yard and posted on the blog. They finished blooming this weekend and I'm glad I can share this beautiful picture with you.

No comments: